2021 Solved: How to Turn off Find My iPhone
Are you stuck on how to turn off Find My on your iPhone? This article will introduce to you all that you need to know about Find My and in doing so, you will get a complete tutorial on how you can turn off Find My. Moreover, the article will introduce to you a professional tool to ease your worries. LockAway is a good tool for disabling Find My.
- Part 1: What is Find My iPhone
- Part 2: Why should you turn off Find My iPhone
- Part 3: How to turn off Find My with Apple ID password
- Part 4: How to turn off Find My without Apple ID password
What is Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is an Apple’s security feature for keeping your iPhone safe. The feature enables you as the user to easily locate, lock, or even erase your device even when it’s offline. By turning this security feature on, you can easily protect your iPhone from being resold and even easily locate it.
Find My iPhone enables you to have remote control of your iPhone when lost or misplaced moreover, it comes combined with the Activation Lock implying your device is safe wherever you’ve enabled Find My iPhone.
With Find My, you can easily guarantee that no one can reset your iPhone thus your data and settings are protected until you recover your iPhone and remove the Activation Lock, and turn off Find My.
Turning on Find My can also help you to locate and share your location with your friends or family generally, Find My is a great security feature to protect your iDevice in an event that it gets stolen or misplaced.
Why should you turn off Find My iPhone
Find My is a great security feature however, some instances may require you to turn it off which is legal and allowed. Some circumstances that require you to turn off the feature include:
1. In a scenario that you have forgotten your iCloud password.
2. When you want to gift out, sell, or donate your iPhone.
3. When taking your iPhone for repair.
4. When you need to update your iCloud account.
Do you have your Apple ID and Password? Here’s how you can Turn Off Find My:
In an event that you want to turn off Find My, you can use the following steps.
1.1 Turn it off on an iPhone
1. For iOS 13 or later:
i. Open Settings
ii. At the top, click on your name then click on the option for Find My.
iii. On the page that opens, enter your Apple ID and password then toggle off Find My.
2. For iOS 12 or earlier:
i. Open Settings
ii. Click on your name at the top.
iii. Navigate to the next page on the iCloud menu and enter your Apple ID and password.
iv. Click on the Turn Off option.
1.2 Turn it off on a Mac
To turn off Find My using your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then do one of the following depending on the version of your Mac:
1. For macOS 10.15 or later
i. Click on your Apple ID.
ii. Click on iCloud and deselect the option of Find My Mac.
iii. Confirm by entering your Apple ID and password, then click on Continue.
2. For macOS 10.14 or earlier
i. Click on iCloud and deselect the option of Find My Mac.
ii. Confirm by entering your Apple ID and password, then click on Continue.
1.3 Use an Apple Watch to turn off Find My
1. Long-press the side button on your Apple Watch. Once the sliders appear, drag the Power Off slider to your right.
2. On your iPhone open the Apple watch, click on My Watch then tap it at the top.
3. Click on the button for information then click on the Unpair Apple Watch option.
4. Visit your iCloud account from a browser and under Find My iPhone click on All Devices, from the list, select your Apple Watch. If a list of all devices is not showing, click on the center of the toolbar, the name of the currently selected devices then select your Apple Watch from the list.
5. Click on the option to “Remove from Account”.
If someone else, a family member, sets up the iPhone, you can still turn off Find My by opening Settings then click on your name. Under Find My, turn the feature off and confirm by entering your Apple ID and password.
1.4 Turn it off on an AirPods or on a Beats product
Follow the steps below:
1. Put the AirPods in their case. For the Beats product, put them in their case depending on their model alternatively, press the button for power.
2. The next step is to unpair them from all your device’s Bluetooth settings. You can do this in two ways.
1) On your iPod touch, iPad, or iPhone: Open Settings > Bluetooth. Click on the button for information that is next to the Beats product or AirPods then choose “Forget This Device”. Click again to confirm.
2) Using your Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Once opened, click Bluetooth then click on the Remove button. Finally, click the option to “Forget This Device”.
3. Open your iCloud account from a browser then under the list of All Devices, select either the Beats product or AirPods.
4. Click on the option to “Remove from Account”.
1.5 Turn it off via iCloud
Using your iCloud account, you can easily turn off Find My.
Step 1. Visit your iCloud account from a browser
Step 2. Click on the option for all devices under Find My.
Step 3. From the list, choose the target device. If a list of all devices is not showing, click on the center of the toolbar, the list of devices will then show.
Step 4. Click on the option to “Remove from Account”.
Once the device is removed, Find My will be turned off on the device.
How to Turn off Find My iPhone if you don’t have your Apple ID or Password
This section covers the various methods that you can use to turn off Find My in an event that you don’t have your Apple credentials.
Method 1: Unlock Apple ID and Turn off Find My via LockAway
Without a correct Apple ID password, turning off Find My is tricky. However, here comes Mobitrix LockAway- Unlock iPhone Passcode, which is a professional and effective tool to help you delete your existing Apple ID and iCloud account on an activated device. With this wonderful tool, you can regain all iCloud services and Apple ID features by logging into a new account and finally turn off Find My iPhone.
If you have not come across LockAway before, worry not as the article will introduce you to it in depth but first here are the key benefits of using LockAway.
i. You get to remove your Apple ID, password and turn off Find My without any hassle.
ii. The tool itself is easy to use, with just a few steps involved.
iii. It has support for all iPhone models and all versions of iOS.
iv. All your data and privacy are guaranteed.
Here’s a list of the types of Apple ID’s that LockAway can remove:
- Forgotten Apple ID or password
- Locked Apple ID
- Unable to erase the iPhone
- Unable to turn off FMI
The steps to remove Apple ID are:
1. Connect your device to the computer
2. Select unlock Apple ID mode
3. Remove Apple ID and password.
Having removed the Apple ID, you can:
- Change to a different Apple ID or create a new one
- Enjoy all Apple ID features and iCloud services.
- Easily turn off Find My iPhone/iPad
- Stop being tracked by the previous Apple ID
Mobitrix LockAway - Bypass iCloud Activation Lock can also practically and efficiently remove the activation lock on your iPhone, allowing people to remove the activation lock and correspondingly turn off Find My without Apple ID or password.
Method 2: Turn it off via DNS
Turning off Find My on your iPhone relies upon an exploit on the iOS versions 8 to 10. This method is more technical and may not work. However, its steps are:
i. On your iPhone, open Settings > Wi-Fi.
ii. Locate the Wi-Fi network that you are connected to
iii. Click on the “i” icon that is next to it. A panel will open up allowing you to edit DNS servers.
iv. Click on Configure DNS then enter either of these IP addresses.
- 126.96.36.199 for the US
- 188.8.131.52 for Europe
- 184.108.40.206 for Asia
Try disabling Find My without password, hopefully, it worked.
Method 3: Ask Apple to turn it off for you
The last option is to contact Apple support for them to turn off the feature for you. This method is efficient if you have legitimate documents to prove your ownership and purchase of the iPhone. If so, click here to open the Apple support page and request help
In summary, this article introduced to you what activation lock is, why you should have it on, and circumstances under which you should turn it off. Moreover, it gave you a full tutorial on the various methods that you can use to easily turn it off and the most recommendable is by using LockAway. If still unable to turn off Find My, seek Apple Support.