How to Reset iPhone with iTunes
Want to reset your iPhone? This post will present the various ways on how to reset iPhone with iTunes. The article will also discuss better alternatives to using iTunes to reset your iPhone, espe-cially via LockAway. Keep reading to find out how to reset your iPhone with iTunes.
- Part 1: Why do I need to reset my iPhone?
- Part 2 Reset iPhone with iTunes
- Part 3 How to Reset iPhone Without iTunes
Part 1: Why do I need to reset my iPhone?
If you are having trouble with your iPhone and basic fixes such as restarting the iPhone are not working, resetting the iPhone is an excellent option to fix the problems. Resetting the iPhone can be in various ways, and depending on the issue affecting the iPhone, you should be able to fix it once you’ve reset your iPhone.
Let’s find out how to reset iPhone with iTunes in the section below.
Part 2 Reset iPhone with iTunes
Using iTunes to reset your iPhone will not erase your data. It will only restore the iPhone to its previous state.
To reset your iPhone via iTunes:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer either via USB cable or Wi-Fi.
- Open iTunes and click, at the top left, the device button.
- Click Summary.
- Click Restore. From here, the on-screen instructions will guide you.
Once the process completes, you will have regained your iPhone to its previous state.
Part 3 How to Reset iPhone Without iTunes
1. Using LockAway to reset iPhone without iTunes
Forgetting Apple ID and password is not something new. It happens often, and thus you need a way to easily fix this and unlock your iPhone without iTunes or your Apple credentials. With LockAway, you can easily factory reset your iPhone regardless of Find My iPhone being on or off. To use LockAway, download from the website and install it on your computer. Then follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and open LockAway.
- Click “Unlock Apple ID.”
- Click “Start Now.”
With those simple steps, you will have reset your iPhone without iTunes. LockAway is the best third-party tool to use in fixing iPhone issues. Its other additional benefits include:
- It supports all iOS versions and devices.
- It’s safe and secure to use.
- No Apple ID is needed to use it.
- It doesn’t require iTunes to reset the iPhone.
- Can reset the iPhone even with Find My Enable or not.
2. How to factory reset iPhone without iTunes
From the comfort of your iPhone, you can reset it to its factory settings without using iTunes, iCloud, or a third-party tool. However, ensure you have a backup from which you can restore once the iPhone is successfully reset.
- Open Settings > General.
- Click Reset.
- Click “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Lastly, enter your iPhone passcode and click “Erase.”
The iPhone will reset to its default settings once the process completes.
3. Hard reset iPhone without iTunes
Doing a “force restart” is another way to reset the iPhone. With this method, no data is lost, and it’s applicable when the iPhone is unresponsive.
To force reset the iPhone:
- iPhone 8 or later: Press and release the up-volume button. Press and release the down-volume button. Then long press the Sleep button until Apple’s logo appears.
- iPhone 7/7 Plus: Long-press the down-volume and Sleep buttons simultaneously until Apple’s logo appears.
- iPhone 6s or earlier: long-press the Home and Sleep buttons until Apple’s logo appears.
Once the iPhone force resets, the issue with the iPhone will be fixed.
Having a reliable way to reset an iPhone comes in handy when you urgently need to reset your iPhone. In this post, we discussed how to reset iPhone with iTunes. We also looked at other meth-ods to reset iPhone without iTunes. Other methods like LockAway proved to be the best in reset-ting the iPhone for its effectiveness, simplicity, and ease of use. Try using LockAway today and join our professional team of users.