iPhone users must have encountered the situation at least once in their life where they have forgotten the lock screen passcode, or iPhone gets disabled due to multiple incorrect login attempts.
In case this happens, you need to reset your device. Follow my guide, as I will share the 4 solutions that are easy to follow no matter if you are from a tech background or not!
What is Required Before Resetting the iPhone Passcode?
Before resetting your iPhone passcode, here are a few things you need to do first to perform the process successfully and quickly:
- You should know the Apple ID and Password used on the iPhone.
- Since resetting the passcode will delete all data on the iPhone, you should keep tabs on any backup you had previously created on iCloud or iTunes.
- You must be familiar with the solution you will use to reset the iPhone passcode.
Method 1: Reset iPhone Passcode Without iTunes
You can reset the iPhone passcode thanks to a professional unlocker called Mobitrix LockAway.
It doesn’t matter what kind of passcode you have used on the iPhone, this user-friendly program can reset them all in less than 20 minutes. It also ensures your data remains away from prying eyes during unlocking.
Why Would You Require Mobitrix LockAway?
- If you have forgotten the screen passcode.
- If you have locked the iPhone after entering the wrong passcode several times.
- If you have recently purchased a second-hand iPhone and do not know the screen passcode and Apple ID/Password.
- If the FaceID/TouchID feature is malfunctioning.
- If the iPhone screen is damaged and entering the passcode is improbable.
- Download/Install Mobitrix Lock Away on your Windows or macOS system.
- Click the “Unlock Screen Passcode” option from the home menu.
- Click “Start” to reset the iPhone Passcode.
- Once the Keyfile extraction is done, click “Start Unlock.”
- The passcode unlocking is now complete. You can now access the iPhone!
Unlock screen passcode home
Unlock screen passcode product
Unlock screen passcode extraction complete
Unlock screen passcode unlock is complete
Method 2: Reset iPhone Passcode via an iOS 15.2 Trick
If you want to reset your iPhone passcode without a computer, then this solution is just for you.
An Erase iPhone option pops up on the screen after you disable the device by entering the incorrect passcode about 7 times. This will remove all data from the device as well.
However, be aware that it only works if your locked iPhone is running on iOS 15.2 or later.
- The iPhone should be running on iOS 15.2 at least.
- You must know the Apple ID credentials of the locked device.
- Find My needs to be enabled on the iPhone prior to it getting disabled.
- The iPhone should be connected to any internet connection.
- Once you see the “Security Lockout try again in 15 minutes” notification on the iPhone after entering the wrong passcode 7 times, head over to the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Ther, tap on “Erase iPhone.”
- Press “Erase iPhone” once more, and provide the password to your Apple ID to sign out of the device.
- Passcode resetting will start as soon as the white Apple logo appears.
- The iPhone will automatically restart upon erasing completion.
Security lockout click erase iphone
Method 3: Forgot iPhone Passcode? How to Reset it Remotely using iCloud?
Find My iPhone is a great app for finding lost or misplaced iOS devices, but it also offers another useful feature - “Erase it with ease” being able to reset the iPhone passcode from iCloud.
Though you will lose all your data in the process, the iPhone will be accessible again in a jiffy!
- Find My function should be enabled on the locked iPhone.
- The device must be connected to an active internet connection.
- The iCloud account must not be logged out of the iPhone.
- You should know the Apple ID and Password to access the iCloud account.
- Access iCloud.com from any mobile or computer.
- Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID/Password that you have used on the locked iPhone.
- Click the Find iPhone icon.
- Next, enter the Apple ID Password and click Sign in.
- Select the All Devices tab and click on your iPhone.
- Now, click Erase iPhone and tap the Erase button before providing your Apple ID Password to confirm the passcode resetting.
- You will be sent an SMS with a secret code to the device you trust.
- Afterward, enter your phone number (optional), and click Next.
- This will start the passcode resetting process. You will be notified of its completion.
- Next, your iPhone will restart automatically, and then you can create a new screen passcode.
Click Find iPhone
Method 4: Unlock a Disabled iPhone via iTunes Recovery Mode
iTunes has a “Restore” function which help iPhone users to reset their screen passcode if they ever forget it.
How does iTunes do it?
It does so by putting the iPhone into Recovery Mode (built-in mode to diagnose and fix the problems of your iPhone) and resetting the entire device, resulting in data loss.
- A Windows PC or Mac system with iTunes working on it is needed.
- You must possess a compatible USB cable to connect the locked iPhone to the computer.
- Follow the steps below to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode:
- For an iPhone 8 or later: Quickly press and release the volume up, quickly press and release the volume down . Then press and hold the side button until the screen goes black. Keep holding the side button even when you see the Apple logo.When it turns to a restore screen.You can let go of your finger.
- For an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the side and volume down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For an iPhone 6s or earlier (including iPhone SE 1st generation): Press and hold both the Home and the side buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
The iphone that requires it to be updated or restored
All of your media and other data will be erased
Note: If for some reason, the software downloading is not done within 30 minutes, or the connected iPhone exits the Recovery Mode, I recommend downloading the software manually.
Reset iPhone Passcode Directly on Settings When you Know the Passcode
If you remember your iPhone screen passcode, you can simply head over to your iPhone’s Setting menu to set a new one. It is quite convenient!
Here are the steps:
- Unlock your iPhone using the existing passcode.
- Go to iPhone Settings and tap on Touch ID & Passcode/Face ID & Passcode.
- Tap the Change Passcode option, and enter your current passcode.
- Now, set up a new passcode if you want to create a 4-digit one. You can also tap the Passcode Options button to select other variations.
- Confirm the new passcode to end this process.
Reset iPhone Passcode Directly on Settings
- What prompts a passcode unlock on an iPhone?
There are a few reasons why you will receive a password prompt on your iPhone:
- You haven’t unlocked the iPhone in 2 days-48 hours.
- When you restart the iPhone.
- When you try to unlock the device 5 times unsuccessfully.
- If the passcode is not used for more than 6 days.
- When the Touch ID lock isn’t utilized in 4 hours.
- When you have intentionally or accidentally activated the Emergency SOS or the Medical ID.
When you reset the iPhone passcode, you will be able to restore all of the purchased apps from Apple’s different platforms (App Store and iTunes). The only thing that you can not restore is the media files stored on the iPhone (if the backup is not created).
Resetting the iPhone passcode when you forget it and lock the device is no big deal nowadays. However, the only hiccup in the process is losing all stored data, but if the backup is created, then nothing to worry about!
Still, it is a lengthy process to unlock the iPhone when you do not know its passcode. Nevertheless, with Mobitrix LockAway, you can be done with it all within 20 minutes.