Would you like to put your iPhone into recovery mode but don't know how? Well, today is your lucky day. In this article, I will show you two easy methods to put your iPhone into recovery mode. You may need to set your iPhone to this mode for various reasons, such as fixing the device if it is continuously restarting or unlocking your disabled iPhone when you forgot the iPhone passcode. Whatever the reason, let's dive in!
What is Recovery mode?
Recovery mode is an iPhone repair feature that allows your computer to connect to your iPhone via iTunes or Finder. Once connected in recovery mode, you can use these apps to try and repair problems with iOS. The apps can fix these iOS issues by reinstalling your iOS version. Recovery mode is a last resort repair feature you should only use after trying all other repair options.
When Do You Need to Put Your iPhone Into Recovery Mode?
There are various scenarios when you may need to put your device into recovery mode to restore it. These include:
- When your device is stuck in a loop of continuously restarting during or after an iOS update.
- If restoring a backup to your iPhone fails or iTunes does not detect your device.
- When your device is stuck at the Apple logo for several minutes without turning on completely or showing a progress bar.
iPhone showing the Apple logo
- Your iPhone is unresponsive and won't turn on or turn off.
- When your iPhone won't update or restore.
- If you see the recovery mode screen, also known as the "connect to iTunes" screen.
Buttons to put an iPhone into recovery mode
How to Put an iPhone Into Recovery Mode Without a Computer
You don't need a computer to put your iPhone in recovery mode as long as your device is still functional and you can access it. However, you should back up your iPhone since this process may erase everything on the iPhone.
Put your iPhone into recovery mode depending on your device's model.
- For iPhone 8, X, 11 and all later models: Press and instantly release the volume up button, then press and instantly release the volume down button. Press the power button, then hold it until you see the recovery mode screen.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the volume down and power buttons. Keep holding until the recovery mode screen pops up.
- For iPhone 6 and older models: Press and hold the Home and power buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
How to Get Out of an iPhone Recovery Mode
You can quickly get your device out of recovery mode by force restarting it. How you force restart your iPhone depends on its model.
- For iPhone 8 or newer models: Quickly press and release the volume up button > Quickly press and release the volume down button > Press the side button and hold until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press the side and volume down buttons, then hold them until you see the Apple logo.
- For iPhone 6 and earlier models: Press the Home and side or top button and hold them until you see the Apple logo.
Press the volume up, volume down and side buttons
Press the side and volume down buttons
Put iPhone in Recovery Mode via a Computer With Only One Click
If your iPhone is unresponsive or has broken buttons, you may be unable to put it into recovery mode without a computer. In such a scenario, you can try Mobitrix LockAway, a professional unlocking tool. It is free and only requires you to make one click.
How to Use Mobitrix LockAway to Enter/Exit Recovery Mode Automatically
- Download Download and install Mobitrix LockAway.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click Enter Recovery Mode in the main menu.
What's more, Mobitrix LockAway can do much more than just enter/exit recovery mode. It can help you when you encounter these situations below:
- You Forgot iPhone screen Passcode
- Too many incorrect passcode attempts cause “iPhone is disabled try again in X minutes/ connect to iTunes”
- You got a second-hand iPhone
- Your Face/Touch ID can’t work precisely
- Your iPhone screen is cracked
You can now successfully enter or exit recovery mode on your iPhone. However, using Mobitrix LockAway makes it easier and faster, even if your device is not functioning correctly. In addition, the tool can also enable you to unlock a forgotten iPhone screen lock passcode. So, what are you waiting for? Try Mobitrix LockAway.