How to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone
Is your iPhone locked? If so, you need your Apple ID and password to factory reset it. The terms may sound new to you but worry not because, in this post, we will cover everything you need to know to quickly reset your locked iPhone, even when Find My iPhone is enabled.
- Part 1: How to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone Without Passcode
- Part 2 Factory Reset iPhone via iCloud (Find My is Enabled)
- Part 3: How to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone With iTunes Backup
Part 1: How to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone Without Passcode
Your iPhone could be locked, and you don't know or have the password to unlock it. However, worry not as using the best iOS repair tool, LockAway, you can still factory reset your iPhone without your password.
LockAway is a third-party tool designed to solve all your iOS issues, and a locked iPhone is just one of the things it can easily fix. If you are looking for the best and most effective way of how to factory reset a locked iPhone, look no further. LockAway is the excellent tool you need, and just with the few steps below, you should easily factory reset your locked iPhone.
- From the official site, download and install LockAway on your computer.
- Connect your Locked iPhone to the computer and open LockAway.
- Click "Unlock screen passcode."
LockAway will then factory reset your iPhone, and you can log in with another or a new Apple ID and continue using your unlocked iPhone.
Key Features of LockAway:
- Quickly factory resets your iPhone requiring no password.
- Works with all iOS versions and models.
- Easy to use. You don't need to be tech-savvy.
- No data is lost in the process.
- LockAway has a user-friendly interface.
- It's 100% safe and secure in unlocking your locked iPhone.
No tool matches what LockAway has to offer, and if you need the best and most effective way on how to factory reset a locked iPhone, try LockAway today.
Part 2 Factory Reset iPhone via iCloud (Find My is Enabled)
If you have Find My enabled on your locked iPhone, you can factory reset it from your iCloud ac-count.
How to factory reset a locked iPhone using iCloud:
- Log in to your iCloud account associated with your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will display on the screen. Click "Erase."
- Confirm the erase implications.
- The iPhone will then be reset to its factory default settings
If you don't have Find My enabled on your iCloud, you can use iTunes, as shown below.
Part 3: How to Factory Reset a Locked iPhone With iTunes Backup
If you have an iTunes backup, you can use a computer with the latest iTunes installed to factory reset your iPhone then restore it from the iTunes backup. There are three methods to go about this.
Method 1: Reset via iTunes
To factory reset a locked iPhone via iTunes, do the following:
- Ensure you have a computer with the latest iTunes installed.
- Connect your locked iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open iTunes, let it recognize your iPhone, then click the iPhone Management Screen.
- Click "Restore."
- Connect to the iTunes account used in setting up the iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reregister your iPhone.
- Choose a backup to restore, then restore it.
The restoration process may take a while. Let it finish, and your iPhone will be unlocked in a mo-ment. Ensure you only use this method if you have an existing iTunes backup, as all your data will be deleted in the process.
Method 2: Reset a Locke iPhone via Apple's Data Recovery
Apple has a data recovery mode that users can use to factory reset their devices. Note that: this method will delete all your data, ensure you have a backup. To use Apple's data recovery, follow the steps below:
- Switch off your locked iPhone, then connect it to your computer.
- If using iPhone 8 or newer: Long-press your iPhone's volume up button. Then long-press the volume down and Side buttons simultaneously.
- If using iPhone 7: Long-press the volume down and side buttons simultaneously.
- If using iPhone 6S or earlier: Long-press the iPhone's Top and Side buttons simultaneously.
- Long-press the buttons depending on your iPhone model until your iPhone enters recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, click the "Restore" button on your computer's screen.
- Click "Restore" again to confirm the process.
Your iPhone will then be restored to factory settings, and in the process, unlock. Set it up to regain using it.
Method 3: Factory Reset a Locked iPhone via the Hard Reset Feature (without a computer)
If still stuck and the iPhone won't unlock, you can hard reset it and solve the issue. Follow the steps below to hard reset your iPhone.
For iPhone 6S and older: Long-press your iPhone's Top and Side buttons.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Long-press the iPhone's volume down and Side buttons simultaneously.
For iPhone 8 and newer: Long-press the higher volume button. Then, long-press the Side and Down volume buttons simultaneously.
Your iPhone will enter the recovery mode and reset all data and settings. Once the process com-pletes, you need to set up your iPhone and restore the backup to enjoy your iPhone once more.
How to factory reset a locked iPhone can be tricky, but with the right tool beside you, all this is simplified to just three steps. This post introduces ways to unlock a locked iPhone, but if you want to quickly factory reset your locked iPhone without incurring any data loss, try LockAway. You will love it!