How to erase iPad in the Simplest Way
If your iPad is dead or apps are not functioning well, or you want to give it out, you need to know how to erase it to delete all your settings and data.
Today’s post will guide you on how to erase iPad in the simplest and safest ways. Let’s get started.
Part 1: How to Erase iPad with Apple ID
1. How to Erase iPad by Erasing all its contents and Settings [Without computer]
To quickly erase your iPad. Follow the steps below:
- Open “Settings” > “General.”
- Click “Reset” at the bottom.
- Click the option for “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Enter your password.
- Click “Erase iPad” twice.
- Enter your Apple ID password, then click “Erase.”
Your iPad will be quickly erased, and you can set it up a new.
Part 2: How to erase iPad without Apple ID password
To remotely erase an iPad, all you need is the Apple ID associated with the iPad, then follow the steps below:
- Log in to your iCloud account.
- Click “All Devices.”
- Select the iPad to erase.
- Click “Erase[iPad].”
- Confirm to erase the iPad
Your iPad will then be erased instantly.
- How to erase iPad using the Apple ID require the “Find My iPhone” feature to be enabled on the iPad.
- It’s mainly applicable if your iPad is lost or stolen.
How to Erase iPad via LockAway Without Apple ID Password
At times you may need to erase your iPad, and you don’t have the Apple ID password. To do so, you need a third-party tool, LockAway. With LockAway, your iPad will be erased instantly in the safest way.
Go ahead and download LockAway on your computer. Install it, then follow the steps below to erase the iPad.
- Connect the iPad to the computer and open LockAway.
- Click the “Erase” option.
- Click “Erase all data.”
- Lastly, click “Erase Now.”
LockAway will then erase your iPad.
Why use LockAway to erase iPad?
- LockAway has a user-friendly interface.
- LockAway will instantly erase your iPad.
- LockAway doesn’t need iTunes to erase the iPad.
- LockAway is compatible with all iOS versions.
- Your data is kept 100% safe and secure when using LockAway.
How to Erase iPad by Erasing all content and settings via a Computer
To erase the iPad, you can erase all its content and settings using the steps below:
- Connect the iPad to a computer using a cable.
- Proceed as below
- If using Finder: at the sidebar on your Mac, select the iPad, then click “General” > “Restore iPad.”
- If using iTunes on windows: Click the iPad icon at the top left, then click “Summary” > “Restore iPad.”
- Proceed with the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
How to Erase iPad via iTunes in Recovery mode
Using recovery mode, you can choose to erase your iPad instead of updating it.
To erase iPad using recovery mode:
- Connect your iPad with iTunes to your computer.
- Enter recovery mode.
- iPad with Home button: Long-press the Side button, then using the power slider, turn off the iPad. Connect the iPad to your computer while holding the Home button, and only release it when the recovery screen appears.
- iPad with Face ID: Long-press one of the volume buttons and the Top button. When the power slider appears, turn off the iPad. Hold the Top button as you connect the iPad to your computer, then release it when recovery mode appears.
- Once in recovery mode, choose “Restore” to erase the iPad and let the process complete uninterrupted.
- You need to have the latest iTunes version on your computer.
- The method of erasing the iPad is complicated.
Want to erase your iPad? Do it the professional way. This post discussed how you can erase your iPad in various ways. However, if you want to erase your iPad professionally, then use the LockAway tool. With LockAway, you don’t need to have the Apple ID to erase the iPad.