Do you want to delete your iCloud account? Maybe you're selling your iPhone and want to ensure the new owner can't access your data on the iPhone. Or you're just tired of an Apple device and all its features.
Anyway, you've come to the right place! This article will discuss four amazing ways to delete the iCloud account. The best part, we have a solution for you even if you are not a tech-savvy guy!
#1: How To Permanently Delete An iCloud Account
Do you know what will happen when the Apple ID account is deleted? Or how does it affect you? Here is what you will no longer be able to access when you delete your Apple ID account
- App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple books Purchases ever made by you.
- All data, including your photos, documents, and videos stored in the iCloud.
- All subscriptions signed up with this Apple ID will be cancelled.
- All messages are sent using iMessage, iCloud mail, or facetime.
- In the future, you won't be able to sign up for any of the services mentioned above, including Find My iPhone, without creating a new Apple ID.
Also, please note that
- You will not be exempted from making payments by deleting your Apple ID if you are part of the iPhone upgrade program.
- Your all-scheduled appointments will be cancelled after the account is deleted.
- All open Apple Care cases associated with your Apple ID account will be permanently closed.
Steps to Delete the iCloud Account Permanently
Carefully follow these steps to delete your iCloud Account Permanently on iPhone or other Apple device using the Apple ID.
- Log in to Apple's Data and Privacy webpage using the Apple ID you wish to Delete. To continue, "Two-Factor Authentication" might be required.
- Click Continue on the Apple ID & Privacy page. > Then click " Request to delete your account".
- Now Select a Reason for Deletion from the drop-down box on the new page and click " Continue."
- Review the list of the essential things you must know before deletion, and click " Continue."
- Review the "Terms and Conditions" for deletion, tick the checkbox, and click " Continue."
- Select how you want to receive the status update on the account deletion (via the Phone Number, email, or a different Apple ID), then click " Continue."
- Now Apple will give you a unique "Alphanumeric Access Code." Safe the code and click " Continue."
- It will require you to enter the Access Code and click " Continue."
- Check the Reminders of deletion effect, and click "Delete Account."
- Then click " Sign Out" on the confirmation screen.
request to delete your account
Note: Until Apple verifies your request, your account will remain active. And in the meantime, if you wish to cancel your Deletion request, you can do it by contacting Apple Support.
#2: Using "Find My" To Delete iCloud Account On Your Device Remotely
If you have sold your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and forgot to delete the iCloud account from it or if your device is lost, you can use the "Find My" feature. It helps to remotely delete the iCloud account and erases all the data from your device.
Steps To Delete iCloud Account Remotely.
- Ensure the device is powered off before starting the process to delete the iCloud Account.
- Go to iCloud.com, click Find My iPhone, then Click " All Devices" Select the Device you want to remove.
- If you don't see "All Devices," it may be because you have already selected a device. (You can click on the name of the current device in the center of the toolbar to see the Devices list, then select a new device.)
- After you have selected the device, click " Remove from Account."
iCloud sign in section
Note: This can also be done by turning off iCloud completely on your device. And turning off iCloud on your device means it will turn off all features on that device.
#3: Delete iCloud Account Without Password Via Mobitrix LockAway
Suppose you want to delete your iCloud account without a password. In that case, the best and easiest method is to use a trusted and efficient professional tool like Mobitrix LockAway.
This tool can help you delete your iCloud account from your Apple device with only a few clicks. And the most pleasing part is that it doesn't require you to have the password for your iCloud account.
Steps to delete an iCloud account without a password
- Ensure you have Downloaded and Installed the Mobitrix LockAway on your laptop or desktop
- Now connect your device (iPhone/iPad) with the laptop using a USB cable.
- Now Unlock your device screen. There will be a pop-up alert, Tap Trust.
- Click " Unlock Apple ID" on your Laptop.
- When you are ready, click Start to start removing the Apple ID. It will remove your Apple ID along with the Apple ID password.
Unlock Apple ID
Mobitrix-LockAway: Click Start
Is Mobitrix LockAway The Magic?
Mobitrix LockAway is the magic if none other method is deleting the iCloud account or when you want to delete your iCloud account without much effort. It also comes in handy when
- You are unable to reset the forgotten Apple ID password.
- You want to sell your phone but have forgotten your Apple ID password.
- You want to sign out the Apple ID of the used iPhone you bought but cannot reach the previous owner.
- You forgot the Apple ID of your old phone, which has not been used for a long time.
- The Apple ID has been locked for security reasons, and there is no way out.
Suppose you are looking for a reliable and easy-to-use tool to delete your iCloud account without a password. In that case, Mobitrix LockAway is the best choice. But if you want to deactivate your iCloud account, jump to the following method!
#4: Steps To Deactivate An iCloud Account
Deactivating an iCloud Account is different from Deleting the iCloud Account. The name itself explains it. But how is it going to affect you? Here it is
- Your data will not be deleted; it will be frozen only. Apple will not process or manage it.
- Apple services which require your Apple ID will not be accessible, e.g., iCloud, the Apple Store, Apple Pay, iMessage, etc.
- You can't send or receive messages using iMessage, FaceTime, or iCloud Mail.
You might want to deactivate your iCloud Account instead of deleting it when you just want to step away from your Apple ID. It is a temporary measure you might want to take if you switch to Android devices. Many prefer this when they want to prevent their Apple ID from being used and keeping it.
Steps to Deactivate the iCloud Account
To deactivate your iCloud Account, simply follow the steps below.
- Open Apple's Data & Privacy website and Sign In with your Apple ID account in your browser.
- Scroll Down and find the " Temporarily Deactivate Your Account" section. Then Click " Request To Deactivate Your Account"
- Now carefully follow the instructions on the screen to confirm the deactivation of your account and Proceed with the Deactivation Process.
- When the Confirmation Screen appears, click " Sign Out."
Sign in Apple's Data & Privacy website
Note: Normally, the Deactivation process takes about a week time. You will get a notification/Confirmation message when your account is deactivated. Along with the confirmation message, you will receive instructions on How to Reactivate Your Account.
Deleting or Deactivating an iCloud Account is not as difficult as it seems. But still, many people find it hard to do so. Now you know the methods explaining how to delete your iCloud account or deactivate it!
You can decide upon any method depending on your needs. If you want to quickly delete the iCloud account without a password, then use Mobitrix LockAway. But if you wish to deactivate the iCloud account, follow the above-mentioned steps. We hope this guide has helped you.