Your Apple ID works as a gateway to make purchases from the Apple store. Without it, you can't use many essential Apple features. Such as Find My iPhone, Facetime, iCloud, etc.
Sometimes, however, you may need to change your Apple ID information. For example, if you change your phone number or go to live in another country. Or have you forgotten your Apple ID password? I've compiled all the tips you might use, so keep reading.
Which Information Can You Change in Your Apple ID?
As the most important account in the Apple ecosystem, Apple allows users to change their Apple ID account information as needed at any time while using the account, including:
- Your Email address.
- Your Phone number.
- The country or region of your Apple ID.
- Your Apple ID username.
- Your Apple ID password.
- The security information of your Apple ID.
- The personal information of your Apple ID, etc.
Part 1: How To Change Apple ID Email Address or Phone Number?
Before you change your Apple ID email address or phone number, remember to checkmark the following:
- Check your iCloud: Update your complete backup to the latest update. (including your pictures, contacts, music, etc.) Updating the backup decreases any accidental risk of losing data.
- Sign out: Make sure you have signed out of every Apple device with your Apple ID. Only keep signed in on the device where you want to change your Apple ID.
Steps on iPhone/iPad Settings:
- Open Settings> [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
- Tap on the “Edit” option next to “Reachable At.”
- Tap on the “Delete” option next to your phone number or email address. Follow the instructions provided.
- You will receive a verification code on your mobile phone number or email address that you have set as your new Apple ID.
- Enter the verification code asked to verify your identity.
- Now you can sign in with your new Apple ID and use all the Apple services.
Click Name, Phone Numbers, Email
Steps on the Web:
- Sign into appleid.apple.com.
- Choose the “Apple ID” option from the “Sign-In and Security” section.
- Enter the email address you want to set as your new Apple ID.
- Select the “Change Apple ID” option. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish.
- Check your email for the verification code if you have changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address. Then enter your code.
- You can make only one Apple ID with a single phone number or an email address.
- You can't change your Apple ID if you have created your @icloud.com email address in the last 30 days,
- If you have created your Apple ID with an email address, you can not enter a phone number to change it.
If you have more than one Apple ID, you can switch between IDs. But switching your Apple ID is different than changing your Apple ID.
Part 2: How To Switch Your Apple ID?
“Switching Apple ID” means moving from your old Apple ID into a new one without deleting your previous ID. While Switching, you can also merge the data on your Apple ID through iCloud to your new ID.
Follow the steps if you want to switch your Apple ID.
A. Signing Out of Your Current Apple ID:
- Go to the “Settings App” on your device.
- Tap on your Apple ID banner at the top of your device screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Sign Out” option.
- If you have a separate account for iCloud, App Stores, or iTunes. Tap on “Sign out of iCloud.”
- Enter your Apple ID Password.
- Turn off the “Find My iPhone” feature.
- Turn on the “Category” option for the data you want to save on your device. After you switch your Apple ID, the data present on your device will merge with your new Apple ID.
- Tap on the “Sign Out” option.
- Tap once again to confirm your choice.
Click sign out
B. Switching to Another Apple ID:
- Open the “Settings App” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the “Sign in to your iPhone/iPad” option.
- Tap on the “Email” option and enter your email associated with your other Apple ID.
- Enter your email “Password” of the other Apple ID.
- Tap on the “Merge” option to merge the data on your device to the iCloud account of another ID. If not, go for the “Don't Merge” option.
This is how you can switch from one Apple ID to another.
However, if you've forgotten your Apple ID password (or can't even reset it.) Or you've given your device to someone else. Then removing your Apple ID from your device will be more beneficial.
Part 3: How to Remove the Apple ID with LockAway
LockAway is a software specifically designed for Apple devices.
When you lose the Apple ID password and can't log out of your Apple ID or can't enjoy Apple services, LockAway can assist you in erasing your existing account to log in with a new one.
The process takes only about 30 minutes. With no technical knowledge, 99% of purchasers have successfully removed their Apple ID and are able to use their iPhone or iPad normally. Moreover, you can still use the account once you have recovered your original Apple ID password.
- Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway on your device.
- Choose "Unlock Apple ID", connect your iPhone or iPad to a Computer.
- Click on the "Start" option to initiate your Apple ID removing process.
- At this point, your Apple ID password will be removed along with your Apple ID. You can make a new Apple ID now.
Mobitrix-LockAway: Unlock Apple ID
Mobitrix-LockAway: Click Start
You might have to remove your Apple ID for any of the following reasons:
- You have a used iPhone, signed in with the Apple ID of its previous owner.
- You haven't used your iPhone for a long time, so you have forgotten your Apple ID account information.
- Your Apple ID has been locked out for some security reasons.
- You forgot the necessary credentials needed to reset your Apple ID password. Such as recovery key, phone number, answers to your security questions, etc.
Remotely removing your Apple ID from a device is also an option. This technique may be used to log out your Apple ID from a device that isn't with you.
Remove Your Apple ID from a Single Device Via Find My iPhone
iCloud connects all your Apple devices with your Apple ID. To remove your Apple ID from an unused device or log into another account on your device. You can use iCloud's "Find My iPhone" feature. It will temporarily remove your Apple ID from a single device. You can then log into another account on that same device.
- Visit https://www.icloud.com/
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on the “All Devices” option located at the top.
Click all device and choose your device
- Select the device you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click on the “Remove from Account” option.
If you plan to travel soon, you should also know how to change your Apple ID country or region. Knowing it can save your purchased apps from getting deleted.
Bonus Tip: How To Change Your Apple ID Country or Region
Your Apple ID purchases and services are based on your Apple store location. If you buy from the Apple store located in another country or region. You will lose your previously purchased apps and services. But, if you change your Apple ID country or region. You can smoothly download content and make purchases.
Before you Change your Country or Region:
- Use up any remaining balance on your Apple ID.
- Cancel your subscriptions beforehand and wait until the subscription period ends.
- Cancel your pre-orders. Wait for any memberships, movie rentals, or Season Passes to finish. Wait until your pending store credit refunds begin to process.
- Make sure to have a payment method that works according to the new country or region you are going to.
- Redownload any apps, music, movies, TV shows, or books on your devices that you would want to use there. Some content might be restricted or not available in other countries or regions.
- Go to the “Settings App” on your device. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Tap on your “Name.” > Tap on the “Media & Purchases” option.
- Tap on “View Account.” > Here you will be taken to the “Account Settings” page.
- Then tap on “Country/Region.” > Tap on “Change Country or Region.”
- Choose your new country or region and review the Terms & Conditions applied.
- Tap on “Agree” in the upper-right corner, and tap on “Agree” again to confirm your choice.
- Select your preferred payment method. Enter your new payment information and your billing address.
- Then tap on “Next.”
This article provides complete know-how on how to change your Apple ID. Go for alternative methods if you have forgotten your Apple ID and password.
In addition, if you are still uncertain and shy to start. Download Mobitrix LockAway. It can effortlessly change your Apple ID and create a new Apple ID for your ease.