How to Bypass Activation Lock on iPhone
When someone gifts out or sells an iPhone, they may forget or fail to remove the iPhone from their iCloud account. In this case, the activation lock will remain linked to their iCloud account, and in a case that the person is far from you, it may trouble you when you need to remove it as their iCloud credentials will be required.
To help you easily bypass activation lock on iPhone, in this article, we will discuss the various methods you can use and the steps on how to bypass activation lock on iPhone.
Part 1: What is an activation lock?
As part of Apple’s security measures, Apple developed the activation lock feature to help users easily lock their iOS devices when lost or stolen to ensure they can’t be unlocked by someone else or resold. With activation lock enabled, as a user, you get to lock your device remotely and can even delete data inside the iPhone and still, the iPhone will remain locked.
Additionally, with activation lock enabled, you can easily track the whereabouts of your device via Apple or using a different iPhone.
Part 2: How to Remove Activation Lock?
Activation lock is an excellent way to protect your device, but if you need to bypass it, the methods below can be used.
1. Remove the device from iCloud
To use this method to bypass the activation lock on iPhone, the previous owner needs to be available physically for them to detach the iPhone from their account and, in doing so, bypass the activation lock.
The steps for this method are:
- Enter the Apple ID credentials of the previous owner on the activation lock screen.
- Once the activation lock is removed, unpair any devices linked.
- Sign out of iCloud, the App Store, and iTunes.
- Click Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
The steps above remove the activation lock and detach your iPhone from the previous owner to avoid such a case in the future.
2. Use LockAway.
How to bypass activation lock on iPhone most easily and straightforwardly is by using LockAway tool. LockAway is a professional tool designed to solve iOS problems such as activation lock and frozen screens. With LockAway, you don’t need the previous owner’s Apple credentials to bypass the activation lock.
To get started using LockAway, first, download it from the official site and install it on your computer. Then, follow these steps
- Connect your iPhone using a USB cable to your computer, then open LockAway.
- Select a feature that will unlock the Apple ID of the iOS device.
- Click “Remove Activation Lock.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your iPhone.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer and verify the model is correct and that it has been jailbreaked.
- Initiate the process to remove the iCloud activation lock.
Once the process completes, your iPhone will be ready for use, successfully bypassing the activation lock.
The advantages of using LockAway:
- No technical expertise or commands are needed.
- LockAway works with most iOS devices, iOS 14 included.
- No Apple credentials are required to bypass the activation lock on iPhone.
- LockAway will re-access your iPhone, and you can use a different Apple ID to sign in.
- LockAway supports iPhone 5S to X running iOS version 12.3 and above.
3. Remove Remotely via iCloud
Using iCloud, provided you have the Apple credentials of the previous owner, you can remotely remove the activation lock using the steps below:
- Login to iCloud.com using the previous owner’s Apple credentials.
- Click Find My iPhone
- Under All Devices, select your iPhone’s name and click Remove from Account.
The activation lock will be removed once the iPhone is removed from the previous owner’s iCloud account. You will have successfully learned how to bypass the activation lock on iPhone.
4. Unlock via the web
To easily bypass activation lock on iPhone that is not currently in your possession or an iPhone that you bought second hand, ask the owner to do the following:
- Sign in to iCloud.com.
- Click Find iPhone > All Devices.
- From the list, select the iPhone you want to bypass the activation lock.
- Click Erase[iPhone].
- Click Next up to when the iPhone is erased.
- Finally, click “Remove from Account.”
Once you’ve completed the process, restart the iPhone and set it up.
5. Use iCloud DNS to bypass activation lock on iPhone
Suppose the above methods have not been successful in enabling you on how to bypass the activation lock on iPhone. In that case, you can use Domain Name Service (DNS) to bypass the activation lock temporarily.
To use DNS, follow the steps below:
- Ensure you have your SIM card inserted.
- Turn on your iPhone and set it up.
- Under the Wi-Fi section, click the “i” next to your Wi-Fi name.
- If you have connected to your network already, click “Forget this Network.”
- Click “Configure DNS” > “Manual,” and enter either of these DNS servers: 1. 126.96.36.199 for Europe. 2. 188.8.131.52 for Ocean and Austria. 3. 184.108.40.206 for the USA. 4. 220.127.116.11 for South America. 5. 18.104.22.168 for Asia
- Go back to the Wi-Fi selection screen, and connect to your wireless network.
- If the screen tries to connect to Apple’s servers, click back to redirect to iclouddnsbypass.com instead.
- You’ve successfully bypassed the activation lock on iPhone. You can now access your iPhone to chat or listen to music.
The shortcomings of using DNS bypass include:
- It’s only applicable to iOS 8 to 10.
- It only temporarily bypasses the activation lock. For a permanent bypassing of the activation lock, use LockAway.
- Some iPhone features will be limited by using this method.
- You risk exposing your network traffic to potential attackers.
Understanding what activation lock is, why you need it, and how to bypass activation lock on iPhone smoothens things for you while using iPhone. This article introduced you to activation lock and went ahead to discuss the various options you have for bypassing activation lock.
Among the discussed methods, using LockAway. is the most recommended and easy to use. Additionally, it is a professional and safe method that requires no Apple ID credentials to remove the activation lock. If you are looking for the best way to bypass activation lock, use LockAway today.