Managing our digital identities is becoming increasingly important as more and more of our lives move online. For many Apple users, that identity is primarily wrapped up in the Apple ID. With it, you can access iCloud, sign in to App Store, make purchases, and more.
If you're unsure how to find your Apple ID or what it is, keep reading for instructions on locating it and password if needed.
Basic information about the Apple ID
The Apple ID includes the email address and password that you use to sign in. An Apple ID is not mandatory when you use an Apple device. But with an Apple ID, you can enjoy even more wonderful Apple services, like:
- Sync your data with iCloud, like contacts, photos, files, messages, and backups.
- Enjoy even more wonderful Apple services, like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more.
- Use Find My features to protect your devices.
Therefore, as long as you have used your account for these services on your device, tracking down your Apple ID with the following measures shouldn't be too difficult.
Way 1 Find the Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC
If you are signed in to either device, your Apple ID should be below your name.
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Apple Watch, open the Settings App.
- On your Mac, open System Preferences, Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
Click Apple ID on System Preferences
You can also check if you're signed in to the App Store, FaceTime, or Messages on your device by opening those Apps.
Way 2 Check the iCloud to Find Your Apple ID
See where you have ever logged into iCloud across all your devices.
You can also open iCloud with your regular browser. Sometimes your Apple ID account information may be prefilled on the web page if you use the "remember me" feature.
Way 3 Check Your Inbox For Emails From Apple
Your Apple ID might be included in some emails from Apple. Search your inbox for receipts and repair, support, or billing emails from Apple.
If you're unsure whether your email is registered as an Apple ID. You can quickly check if you already have an Apple ID or not on the Apple ID account page.
Way 4 Confirm Your Apple ID On Apple ID Account Page
Apple ID account page is where you can manage your account information, including password, editing email address or trusted devices, etc. And more importantly, you can look up your Apple ID here.
- Go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter your email address (like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.) and click Continue.
- If you have one, it will say, "Apple ID Found. Your Apple ID is "YourEmail@example.com. "
- You may click Go to Account. And since you were unsure about your Apple ID, you do not remember its password. So, you can reset it.
Enter Your Information
- You can repeat the steps multiple times to confirm your Apple ID account.
- Please pay attention to the capitalization of the Apple ID email address.
Way 5 How To Use Apple Safari to Find Apple ID Password on iPhone/iPad?
Apple has a feature called iCloud Keychain. When you turn it on, it allows you to sync your passwords across all your devices and automatically fill that information when you use Safari.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Search "Autofill", then click Autofill Passwords.
- Enter your device passcode.
- Check if your Apple ID is available and choose it, then tap Password. You will then be able to find your Apple ID password.
View Your Saved Apple ID Password in Settings
How To Manage Your Apple ID After Find It?
Managing your account entails many aspects, and keeping these in mind can help make using Apple service smoothly.
- Update trusted phone numbers and devices you're currently signed in to with your Apple ID.
- Update your Apple ID email address to ensure it's an address you use frequently.
- Add additional email addresses to help people find and communicate with you on Apple services like FaceTime1, iMessage, and Find My.
- Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID.
- Change your Apple ID country or region when you move to another country or region.
- Change your password to help maintain the security of your account.
The most important thing about managing your Apple ID is making it secure. This will help keep hackers from accessing personal information or data on the account.
Tips For Keeping Your Apple ID Safe and Secure
Here are some things you can do to make sure your account remains private and secure:
- Enable two-factor authentication
Two-Factor Authentication Code On iPhone/iPad
With two-factor authentication enabled, you need to confirm your identity with a code before logging in, making it more difficult for someone to access your account.
- Use strong password
A strong password should be at least eight characters long and include a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. You should also avoid using easily guessed words like "password" or common names.
- keep an eye on your account activity and report
Keep an eye on your account activity and report any unusual activity immediately.
- Change your password regularly
While there's no set time frame for how often you should change your password, aim to do it at least every few months.
The solution to these problems is simple; you just need to remove the Apple ID on these devices. "Remove/Erase" means to sign out the Apple ID from all the services and apps on a specific Apple device. Let's dive in!
Way 6 Erase Apple ID with LockAway Without Password
One of the features of Mobitrix LockAway is troubleshooting Apple ID account errors. It can remove the Apple ID and its password from the device without requiring any verification information. With it, you can bypass the verification of your Apple ID and reaccess the device with a new Apple ID.
- Download and Install Mobitrix LockAway.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer.
- Choose “Unlock Apple ID”. > Click Start
- Then the Apple ID & password will be removed.
Mobitrix-LockAway: Unlock Apple ID
Why choose Mobitrix LockAway?
- Efficient: It can quickly remove Apple ID within 20 minutes, solving your urgent needs.
- Simple: just a few mouse clicks, no technical background required.
- Effective: Up to 99% success rate in removing Apple ID.
What if you sold or loaned your device but forgot to sign out of your Apple ID? Well! iCloud's Find My feature has a hidden function that can help you!
Way 7 Disconnect Your Device with Your Apple ID Via iCloud
iCloud associates your devices to your Apple ID account, implying that you can temporarily remove it from your Apple ID if you don't want to use the account on a specific device. This is using the feature of "Find My". And more importantly, you can do it remotely.
- Go to https://www.icloud.com/
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- At the top, click All Devices.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- Click Remove from Account.
Click Remove from Account
- The removed device must be connected to the Internet (Wifi or data).
- The removed device needs to be signed into the Apple ID you want to log out of and have to Find My iPhone turned on.
- After removing the device, you can sign in to that device with a new Apple ID.
- This method will only remove Apple ID accounts from a single device; if you are signed in to that Apple ID on other devices, they will not be removed.
We've detailed how to find your Apple ID or password and how to manage it. Hope you've got your Apple ID back!
If you never have access to your Apple ID, try Mobitrix LockAway now and permanently delete your Apple ID and all its associated data in a few steps!