How to reset your forgotten Apple ID and password
iPhone users may forget their Apple ID username or password when they fail to use their Apple ID for a long time.
This article covers ways of retrieving Apple ID and password especially by using LockAway which is a professional tool that enables the user to easily delete their Apple ID and password and create a new one.
- Part 1: Reset Apple ID Username
- Part 2: Forgot Apple ID
- Part 3: Unlock Apple ID or password via LockAway
Part 1: Reset Apple ID Username
If you are already signed in with your Apple ID
If you have forgotten your Apple ID, use the steps below to check whether you signed in to your devices using your Apple ID:
1. For iPhone or iPod Touch
Below are the methods for checking your Apple ID on your device:
1. When searching it from iCloud, Go to Settings > Username
2. Go to Settings > Passwords
In iOS13 model or earlier:
Go to Settings > Passwords and Accounts
3. Go to Settings > Passwords > Facetime
4. When searching it from Media and purchases, Open Settings > user name > Media and purchases
On iOS13 model or earlier, Open Settings > user name > iTunes > App Stores
2. On Mac
You can view your Apple ID on your Mac using the following methods:
1. Tap on Apple’s logo > System Preferences > Apple ID
2. Tap on Apple’s logo > System Preferences > Internet Accounts > iCloud account
3. Tap on App Store > Store and then click View My Account
4. Launch FaceTime and choose it > Preferences
5. Launch Messages and choose it > Preferences > iMessage
3. On Apple TV
First method, Open Settings > Users and Accounts > iCloud
Second method, Open Settings > Users and Accounts > your Account > Store
4. On PC
- Launch iTunes on your PC
- Select Account > View My Account
- If you signed in to iTunes using your Apple ID, the name of your account and email will appear.
5. On Web
Go to iCloud.com or your account page for your Apple ID and your Apple credentials will be displayed.
6. From iCloud.com
- Go to iCloud.com
- Click on Account Settings
- View your Apple ID
7. From your Apple ID account page
- Launch account page for your Apple ID and tap “Forgot Password or Apple ID”
- When requested to key in your Apple ID, tap on “Look it up”
- Type your email and name.
The above steps cannot work if you used your phone number as your Apple ID
If you forgot your Apple ID (email address)
Normally, we don’t enter our Apple ID often thus, we are prone to forget it. To retrieve it, use the methods below:
1. Retrieve it via Apple iForgot
- Visit official website
- Tap on the “look it up” and key in your details and click next
- Select an authentication method which is either email authentication or Security questions.
- For verification using email, Tap on Reset now in the email sent
- After verification, enter your new password and confirm it
- Tap on Reset
2. Regain it via Apple Support
If you cannot remember your security questions, email, or password for recovery:
- Go to the support page for Apple’s ID
- Tap on “Forgot security questions for Apple ID”
- Organize a call.
Part 2: Forgot Apple ID
1. When you are unable to access your iPhone
When you are unable to access your iPhone, use the methods below to reset your Apple ID password:
Method 1: Apple Support APP
- Go to Topics > Passwords and Security
- Click on “Reset Apple ID password”
- Click on Get Started > A different Apple ID
- Key in Apple ID that you want to reset the password for.
- Click on next and follow the steps that appear on your screen and a confirmation is sent upon successful password reset.
Method 2: Find My iPhone APP
- Launch the app
- When you see the screen for Sign In, ensure the field for Apple ID is empty
- Click on “Forgot password or Apple ID” and then follow steps that appear on the screen
2. When you are still able to access your iPhone, follow the steps below;
If you are still in a position to access your iPhone, using the previously trusted device, you can easily reset your Apple ID and password. The steps below will guide you.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences
- Tap “Apple ID”
- From the iCloud section, tap on Password and Security
- Click on the option labeled Change Password
- Key in the user password of your Mac and then tap Allow
- Enter a new password for your account. Retype it for verification purposes and then click on the button labeled Change
3. When you cannot change or reset your password
Method 1: Reset Apple ID via recovery email or security questions on the iForgot service
To use this method:
- Open iforgot.apple.com and select “Forgot Apple ID or Password”
- Key in your Apple ID
- Select option for resetting password option and click Continue
- Select the method you will use to reset your password
For the security questions, choose “Answer security questions” and then follow the steps
For the recovery email option, click on “Get an email” and use the email sent to you to reset the password
Method 2: Unlock Apple ID via Two-Factor Authentication on iForgot.apple
Use this method if you have other devices that you trust. To use this method:
- Go to iforgot.apple.com and then tap “Forgot Apple ID or Password”
- Key in your Apple ID and choose the option for resetting your password and then click on Continue
- Select your trusted device. A verification code will be sent
- Key in the verification code sent
- Key in the user password of your Mac and then tap Allow
- Type a new password and choose the Reset Password option.
Method 3: Unlock Apple ID via Account Recovery
- Go to iforgot.apple.com
- Tap “Forgot Password or Apple ID”
- Enter Apple ID and Account Recovery will be offered during the verification process.
Part 3: Unlock Apple ID or password via LockAway
Mobitrix LockAway- Unlock iPhone Passcode is a professional tool that enables one to delete an Apple ID and iCloud account in a device that is activated. This method works on all models of iPhone and all versions of iOS. It does not require the use of iTunes and the user’s data is highly protected.
It enables users to unlock their iPhone if they have forgotten their password for their Apple ID, if their Apple ID is locked and if they cannot turn off their FMI.
- Connect your device to a PC
- Choose Unlock Apple ID
- Then remove your Apple ID and password.
After removing your Apple ID, the user can;
- Use all services of iCloud and features of Apple ID
- Switch off “Find My iPhone/iPad” with ease
- Create a new Apple ID or switch to a different one.
In conclusion, this article covers different methods that can be used to recover Apple ID and password. Users can access their Apple ID email from different devices in case they have forgotten it. For users who have forgotten their Apple ID password, they can reset it.
If all the methods do not work, you are recommended to use Mobitrix LockAway-Unlock iPhone Passcode to delete your Apple ID and then create a new one.