Did you forget the associated Apple ID or password to your Apple device? Maybe you changed your credentials recently, haven't used your device for a long time, and now have no access to essential Apple services like iCloud.
Fortunately, the solution is in this article. Buckle up as I will show you how to retrieve your Apple ID and password. Let's get started.
Fix 1: Find Your Apple ID For iPhone or iPod Touch
Below are the steps you can use to check your Apple ID password on your device:
- When searching for it from iCloud, go to Settings, then tap on Username.
- Go to Settings, then click Passwords.
In iOS13 or earlier models, go to Settings, and tap Passwords and Accounts.
- If you are searching for it from Media and purchases, open Settings, then go to Username and click on Media and purchases.
For iOS13 and earlier models, open Settings, go to Username, click on iTunes, then App stores.
Alternatively, go to Settings, click on Passwords, then tap on Facetime.
Fix 2: Check Your Apple ID on Mac
You can use the following methods to view your Apple ID on Mac:
- Tap on Apple's logo then go System Preferences and click Apple ID.
- Tap on Apple's logo, go to System Preferences, click on Internet Accounts > tap on iCloud Account.
- Tap on App Store > click on Store > tap View My Account.
- Launch FaceTime and choose it > click Preferences.
- Launch Messages and choose it,then click on Preferences and go to iMessage.
Click Apple ID on System Preferences
Fix 3: Find Your Forgotten Apple ID on Apple TV
If you are not sure which Apple ID you used on your Apple TV, you can:
- Open Settings, go to User and Accounts > click on iCloud.
- Open Settings, go to User and Accounts, tap on your Account > click on Store.
Fix 4: Look For Your Apple ID on PC
- Launch iTunes on your PC
- Select Account, then go to View My Account.
- If you are signed in to iTunes using your Apple ID, your account's name and email will appear.
Fix 5: Confirm Your Apple ID on Apple ID Account Page
- Visit Apple's official iForgot website at https://iforgot.apple.com.
- Click on Look it up.
- Type in your first and last name and the email address you want to search for > click Next.
- You can try the search with different details to find a match.
Enter Your Information
You can lose your login details in various ways, such as changing and forgetting them. Alternatively, you may forget since you don't need them often. Either way, you should consider using an unlocking tool to resolve the problem quickly.
Fix 6: Unlock Your Forgotten Apple ID on Your iPhone/iPad With Mobitrix LockAway
If you forget your Apple ID and its password and cannot retrieve them, Mobitrix LockAway can help.
Mobitrix LockAway is a professional unlocking tool that lets you unlock your Apple ID. The software allows you to erase the forgotten Apple ID from your device so you can sign in via a new one.
Erasing or unlocking the Apple ID means logging out of the Apple ID you used to sign in to your device. By erasing it, you remove all the data and the Apple ID from that device.
What you can do after removing your Apple ID:
- You can access your iPhone/iPad via a new Apple ID.
- You regain access to crucial Apple services such as iCloud and App Store.
- If you bought a used iPhone, erasing it prevents the previous owner from tracking you.
- Download Download and install Mobitrix LockAway on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to a computer > choose Unlock Apple ID.
- Click Start to begin removing the Apple ID.
- Your forgotten Apple ID password will be removed along with the Apple ID. You can then use a new Apple ID.
- Mobitrix LockAway is fast and can remove your Apple ID within 20 minutes.
- It is easy to use and does not need any technical steps, only some simple clicks.
- The tool has a high success rate of 99%.
- It offers full support for iPhone 5s-14 and iOS 12/13/14/15/16 and later.
1. Will the data be kept on the erased iPhone/iPad?
Yes. Mobitrix LockAway will only remove the Apple ID and some system settings. The data on your iPhone or iPad will remain intact.
2. Can I use the Apple ID again after using Mobitrix LockAway to remove it?
Yes, you can. Mobitrix LockAway does not do anything to your Apple ID account. It only logs it out of your device. You can still sign in with the removed ID if you retrieve its Apple ID password.
Fix 7: Find Your Forgotten Apple ID Password with iCloud keychain/Safari
iCloud Keychain is Apple's password management system. It lets you securely store your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers on your Mac, iPhone, or iPad. The service uses iCloud to keep these details synced across your devices.
When you forget your password, you can use the steps below to check if you have saved it on iCloud Keychain.
Steps on iPhone/iPad:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Search Autofill > click Autofill Passwords.
- Enter your device passcode.
- Check for your Apple ID and choose it, then tap Password. You can then find your Apple ID password.
Steps on Mac:
- Open Safari.
- From Safari's menu, choose Preferences > tap on Passwords.
- Sign in with Touch ID, or provide your user account password. If you have an Apple Watch that runs on WatchOS 6 or later, you can also use it to authenticate your password.
- Next, select a website to view its password.
- If you want to edit a password, you can click Delete Password to delete it. If you would like to update a password, change the password, then click Save.
You can also check for your Apple ID password on your usual browser, such as Google. This technique can work because some browsers automatically remember the password when you use them to log in to Apple services like iCloud.
Fix 8: If You Cannot Access Your iPhone/iPad, Use the Apple Support App
The Apple Support app is exclusively designed to offer online technical support and services to Apple users. It personalizes the management of Apple ID accounts. The app can also use two-factor authentication to help reset your Apple ID password.
- Go to the Apple Store, download the Apple Support app, and install and run it.
- Tap Passwords & Security, tap Apple ID password > click on Get Started.
- Click on "A different Apple ID” > tap Continue.
- Enter the Apple ID you need to reset the password.
- Provide the trusted phone number > tap Next in the upper right corner.
- A verification code will be sent to your trusted phone number. Enter this code.
- When prompted, enter your iPhone's/iPad's screen lock passcode.
- Enter a new Apple password and enter it again to verify the password.
If you can access your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, take the steps below.
Fix 9: Using the Two-Factor Authentication on Your iPhone, iPad or Mac
Two-factor authentication provides an additional layer of security for your Apple ID. This feature lets you set up a trusted phone number or device for enhanced authentication. You can also use these details to reset your Apple ID password.
Steps on Your iPhone/iPad Settings:
- Open Settings > click on your name.
- Scroll down to select Sign out, then tap Forgot Password?
- Enter your trusted phone number. You will receive a verification code on that number.
- Enter the verification code.
- Enter the passcode or enter your old passcode for the iPhone/iPad. This move depends on whether you have turned on the screen passcode.
- Provide a new Apple ID password, and enter it again to verify the password.
Click sign out
Steps on Your Mac:
- Go to your Mac's System Preferences > tap Apple ID.
- Tap on Password and Security from the iCloud section.
- Click on the option labeled Change Password.
- Enter your Mac's user password > tap Allow.
- Provide a new password, then reenter it to verify the password. Click Change.
If you cannot reset or change your password, use the following methods.
Fix 10: Unlock Your Apple ID via Two-Factor Authentication on iForgot.apple.com
iforgot.apple.com is an official Apple ID management website. It was developed to assist Apple users in resetting their Apple ID passwords.
- Go to the website https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid.
- Key in your Apple ID, then enter the trusted phone number associated with your Apple ID.
- You will see a Reset Password pop-up notification. Click Allow.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your device. Depending on your former settings, you may be required to give your device passcode, recovery key, etc.
- Enter a new Apple ID password > Enter it again to confirm the password.
Enter A new Apple ID Password
Fix 11: Resetting the Apple ID Password via Account Recovery Contact
An account recovery contact is somebody who can verify your identity to help you regain access to your account and data. They let you reset your Apple ID password if you get locked out. Even though a recovery contact is not required when setting up your device, it can come in handy.
The Account Recovery steps should be followed on your Recovery Contact's device. The recovery contact will receive a recovery code after following the steps. Ask them to share this code with you and use it to reset your Apple ID password.
On their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 or later:
- Open the Settings app > click on their name.
- Tap on Password & Security > Go to Account Recovery.
- Click on the name that needs the recovery code.
- Tap Get Recovery Code, then ask your recovery contact to share the code once you are ready.
Using Recovery Contact on iPhone or iPad
On their Mac with macOS Monterey or later:
- Open the Apple menu, tap System Preferences > click on Apple ID.
- Tap on the Password and Security option under the name.
- Click on the Manage icon next to Account Recovery.
- Check for the name that needs a recovery code under Account Recovery For.
- Click Details, then tap Get Recovery Code. Ask your contact to share the code when you are ready.
Using Recovery Contact to Reset Apple ID password on Mac
Entering the code into your device will allow you to regain your account and data access.
Fix 12: Use Account Recovery to Unlock Your Apple ID
Account Recovery is a feature that allows you to access your Apple ID. It comes in handy when you lack enough information to reset the password. This feature lets you regain access after a waiting period and should be only used as a last resort.
How to Use Account Recovery
Way 1 Request Account Recovery via the Device's Settings
You can use these steps on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Go to Settings, click on your name, scroll to the bottom > tap Sign out.
- You will be prompted to provide your Apple ID password to turn off Find My. Tap Forgot Password?
- If you did not sign in with your Apple ID during setup, open Settings and click Sign in to your [device]. Next, click Don't have an Apple ID or forgot it?
- You will be asked to enter your screen passcode > Tap on Forgot the passcode?
- Provide your trusted phone number > Click on Next.
- Your trusted phone number will receive a verification code. Enter the code.
- You will be asked to enter your screen passcode. >Tap on Start Account Recovery and follow the on-screen instructions.
Way 2: Request Account Recovery via Web
Apple set up a website named "iforgot.com." You could use this website to reset your Apple ID if you forgot it.
- Go to the Apple ID account page at https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid.
- Key in the Apple ID email address of the forgotten password and click Continue.
- Enter the mobile number you use with your Apple ID. (You will be given the last two digits of the number. If you cannot remember the number, you can use the two digits to confirm.) Click Continue.
- On the web page, tap Don't have access to your iPhone?
- Next, click "Can't use any of these options?" on the webpage.
- You will see a notice saying, "Without an Apple device, you will have to wait to reset your password."
- Tap Continue anyway on the web page.
- our trusted phone number will receive a verification code.Enter the code sent to your trusted mobile number:
If you have access to your mobile number, enter the verification code here.
- Didn't get a verification code? Tap Resend Text or Call me and click More options. Key in the verification code sent to your email.
- Don't use this number anymore? Input the code sent to your email address.
- Key in the code > click Continue.
- You will see a "Thank you. We'll send you an update soon." message. This notification means that the account recovery process for your device has started.
Enter Your Apple ID
Click Continue Anyway
Tips: Can I Use the Rescue Email or Security Questions to Reset Apple ID Password?
This depends on whether you have upgraded your security mechanism to two-factor authentication.
If you have, Apple stores your old security questions on file for two weeks. They keep them just in case you need to restore your account to its previous settings. After that, they are deleted.
Also, if you can reset your Apple ID password using security questions or an email address, you should be provided with this option when using iforgot.com(i.e., Fix 10).
Forgetting your Apple ID or Apple ID password can limit you from accessing your device freely. Fortunately, this guide has discussed 12 ways to fix the issue and ensure this doesn't happen to you.
All the methods are effective, but Mobitrix LockAway has the edge over the rest. The tool can allow you to regain access to your device even without your account details. While this may seem too good to be true, it's not. Download and use Mobitrix LockAway to see for yourself.