What to do When you Forget Your Screen Time Passcode
Anytime you forget screen time passcode, you won’t be able to reset it, which can be inconvenient. If you are facing such as problem, then today is your lucky day. This article will cover various methods to fix and resolve the forgotten screen time passcode efficiently. Let’s get started.
- Part 1 Fix the forgotten screen time passcode on your device
- Part 2 Solve problem with LockAway
- Part 3 Use iTunes to fix Screen Time Passcode
- Part 4 Solve Screen Time Passcode Forgotten via iCloud (DATA LOSS)
- Part 5 Turn to professional help
Part 1 Fix the forgotten screen time passcode on your device
If you forget screen time passcode, you can resolve it from your device using the methods below.
Method 1. Enter Apple ID and passcode
To unlock the screen time:
- Open Settings
- Click Screen Time.
- Click the option for “Change Screen Time Passcode.”
- Again, click “Change Screen Time Passcode.”
- Click the Forgot Passcode option.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password used when setting the screen time passcode.
- Create a new Screen Time passcode.
Method 2. Reset all settings
You can also reset all your settings, which will delete all data, but help you fix the forget screen time passcode issue on your device. If you have a backup created to restore from, you can proceed to reset your device using the steps below:
- Open Settings
- Click General > Reset.
- Click “Erase All Content and Settings.”
Once the process completes, your device will have been reset, and the forget screen time passcode resolved.
Part 2 Solve problem with LockAway
Did you forget screen time passcode? Do you want to fix this without losing your data quickly? Then use the LockAway tool. LockAway is a professional third-party tool that works with all iOS versions in fixing their issues, such as a forgotten screen time passcode. With LockAway, you will instantly fix your device using the simple steps below:
- Download LockAway from the official website and install it on your computer.
- Launch it, then connect your device using a USB cable to the computer.
- Click “Unlock Screen Time Passcode.”
- Click the option to “Start to Unlock.”
LockAway will then do the rest, and your device will have the screen time passcode unlocked instantly.
Benefits of using LockAway:
- LockAway works instantly in fixing your device.
- LockAway is safe and secure.
- With LockAway, your device is fixed with no data loss incurred.
- To use LockAway, you don’t require iTunes.
- LockAway has a user-friendly interface that anyone can follow along.
Part 3 Use iTunes to fix Screen Time Passcode
iTunes offers various methods that you can use when you forget screen time passcode. These methods include:
Method 1. Restore iPhone from a backup
To easily fix your screen time passcode, you can restore the iPhone from your backup using iTunes.
To fix your forget screen time passcode by restoring your iPhone:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer with iTunes.
- Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, click its icon from the top left corner.
- Click Summary.
- Click “restore iPhone.”
- Confirm to start restoring your iPhone.
5. Your device will now be placed into recovery mode and will automatically restore to factory settings.
All your data will be wiped, and when the process completes, your iPhone will have been restored and the forget screen time passcode resolved.
With this method, no data will be lost, but it has its disadvantages which include:
- iTunes may fail to recognize your device.
- iTunes is not easy to use, unlike LockAway, which has a user-friendly interface.
- The process is time-consuming.
- It’s only applicable if you have an iTunes backup.
Method 2: Restore iOS (DATA LOSS)
If you forget screen time passcode, you can also restore your iPhone, but this method will lead to data loss. So, ensure you have a backup you can restore your iPhone from. Then proceed with the steps below:
- Connect your device with iTunes on your computer.
- While your device is connected, wait until it says, “There is a problem….be updated or restored.”
- To restore the iOS, click “Restore.”
Once the process completes, your device will restart as new with a fixed screen time passcode.
- Ensure you have the latest iTunes version on your computer.
- If using a Mac, ensure the Apple Configurator is closed.
If you forget screen time passcode, this method can help fix that, but iTunes is not the best way to go about it. For one, restoring your iOS will delete all your data, plus iTunes is not friendly to use in fixing this. Alternatively, use better methods like LockAway.
Part 4 Solve Screen Time Passcode Forgotten via iCloud (DATA LOSS)
Using your iCloud account, you can resolve the forgotten screen time passcode by remotely erasing your device. Ensure you have a backup as all your data will be wiped, then proceed with the steps below:
- Log in, using your Apple ID and password, to your iCloud account.
- Click the “All Devices” option.
- Select your device and click Erase.
Your device will be erased and consequentially remove the screen time passcode. You can then set it up again.
Part 5 Turn to professional help
Still, stuck? It’s time you seek Apple professional help. To seek professional help in fixing your device:
- Click here to contact Apple support for them to fix the forgotten screen time passcode for you.
- Click here to join the online Apple community discussions to check for a fix or post it as a question, then wait for someone to respond to you. Note: this can take time before you get a response.
When you forget screen time passcode, you need a way to fix this to avoid the inconveniences that can arise. This article presented the various ways you can efficiently resolve this and regain back your device.
Among the presented methods, we recommended using LockAway, a professional iOS repair tool, to instantly and effortlessly fix your forgotten screen time passcode. Try the LockAway tool, and fix your screen time passcode like a professional!